Hi all,

I am a newbie and having some problems with how snowball analyzer works. I want to index a collection of french documents. I have in my disposal the list of french stop words that would be a help for the french language stemmer.

Does anyone have any experience with writing a snowball-based analyzer for french language? Any help and code sample will be appreciated?

Thanks before hand!

Uddam

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jun 28, 2004 at 3:44 pm
    Uddam,

    I can't tell with certainty whether you are aware of Snowball Analyzers
    for Lucene or not. Take a look at Lucene Sandbox:
    http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/lucene-sandbox/. You will see
    Snowball Stemmers for Lucene contribution there.

    That includes the French stemmer, so you shouldn't need to write any
    new code.

    Otis

    --- uddam chukmol wrote:
    Hi all,

    I am a newbie and having some problems with how snowball analyzer
    works. I want to index a collection of french documents. I have in my
    disposal the list of french stop words that would be a help for the
    french language stemmer.

    Does anyone have any experience with writing a snowball-based
    analyzer for french language? Any help and code sample will be
    appreciated?

    Thanks before hand!

    Uddam

  • Uddam chukmol at Jun 29, 2004 at 11:24 am
    Hi,

    Well, thanks to Otis for the pointing me to the page of snowball but i'm still so dumb to get in on!

    I don't really know how to incorporate the french stemmer in to a snowball analyzer.

    Any sample code will be admired!

    Thanks before hand!

    Uddam

    --- uddam chukmol wrote:
    Hi all,

    I am a newbie and having some problems with how snowball analyzer
    works. I want to index a collection of french documents. I have in my
    disposal the list of french stop words that would be a help for the
    french language stemmer.

    Does anyone have any experience with writing a snowball-based
    analyzer for french language? Any help and code sample will be
    appreciated?

    Thanks before hand!

    Uddam

  • Erik Hatcher at Jun 29, 2004 at 11:35 am