Hello all,

I have a web site whose search is driven by Lucene
1.3. I've been doing some load testing using JMeter
and occassionally I will see the exception below when
the search page is under heavy load.

Has anyone seen similar errors during load testing?

I've seen some posts with similar exceptions and the
general consensus is that this error means that the
index is corrupt. I'm not sure my index is corrupt
however. I can run all the queries I use for load
testing under normal load and I don't appear to get
this error.

Is there any way to verify that a Lucene index is
corrupt or not?

Thanks,

Jim

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 53 >= 52
at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:431)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:135)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:103)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:275)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsReader.document(SegmentsReader.java:112)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(IndexSearcher.java:107)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.doc(Hits.java:130)

  • Paul at Apr 26, 2004 at 7:54 pm
    This looks very much like the problem I had (see subject/thread
    'Optimize Crash').

    I anyone replies to this, could you please read my post as well - this
    is still unresolved and I'd like to be able to take some action on it.

    Cheers,
    Paul.

    James Dunn wrote:
[...]

  • Phil brunet at Apr 28, 2004 at 11:06 am
    Hi.

    I had this problem when i transfered a Lucene index by FTP in "ASCII" mode.
    Using binary mode, i never has such a problem.

    Philippe
[...]

  • James Dunn at Apr 28, 2004 at 5:26 pm
    Philippe, thanks for the reply. I didn't FTP my index
    anywhere, but your response does make it seem that my
    index is in fact corrupted somehow.

    Does anyone know of a tool that can verify the
    validity of a Lucene index, and/or possibly repair it?
    If not, anyone have any idea how difficult it would
    be to write one?

    Thanks,

    Jim

    --- Phil brunet wrote:
[...]