I am instantiating a RemoteSearchable with a
file-based IndexReader:

public static void main(String args[]) throws
Exception {
System.setSecurityManager(new RMISecurityManager());
Searchable theLocal = new IndexSearcher(args[0]);
theLocal.maxDoc();

the maxDoc() method call causes:

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
at
org.apache.lucene.search.RemoteSearchable.maxDoc(RemoteSearchable.java:97)
at
org.apache.lucene.search.RemoteSearchable.main(RemoteSearchable.java:125)

I placed this method call in because a multisearcher
i was attempting to instantiating off of this
RemoteSearchable was choking on the maxDoc() method,
which it (the MultiSearcher) calls in its
constructor. The index I'm building off of is fine
(i can instantiate an IndexReader and search against
it). Any ideas what might be causing this would be
welcome. I'm building from lucene-1.3-final (though
the jar builds as 1.4-rc1-dev) and I'm using
jdk1.4.1_02 on linux 2.4.7

thanks,
--David Goodstein
Joint Genome Institute

  • Dmgoodstein at Feb 28, 2004 at 7:50 pm
    all fixed...it was caused by slightly different versions of the jvm being used to compile vs execute the classes.
    --DMG