I have a field "VOLUME" of type "keyword". When I search for "VOLUME:1" the
expected hits are returned, but when I search for "VOLUME:2" I get an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with message: 101 - but there should be hits.
So on some numbers I do get hits - also "hits" with 0 matches, but the
program doesn't crash - while on others the exception is thrown.

Changing the field type to text/unstored and reindexing didn't help.

The exception occurs when calling

Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

and I traced it down to IndexSearcher --> search(query,filter,nDocs)-->
scorer.score(...). There I get rather lost, but I don't believe it's such an
internal issue.

Any idea on what's going wrong?

Best regards,

René