I want to run a query where all the results would have the identical
score of 1.0 (all documents of type X with a date > D)

The trick is that i need to get the result set BACK sorted by the date.
The Lucene filter mechanism is optimized to use the index but the only
problem is that I want to get the results back by date.

It appears that Lucene will return the result set back by date but I
assume that since the scores are identical it isn't doing a sort by
score so I am getting my results back in descending order. Would this
be a correct assumption? Is this behavior something I can depend on?

Thanks!

Kevin

--
Help Support NewsMonster Development! Purchase NewsMonster PRO!

http://www.newsmonster.org/download-pro.html

AIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://www.peerfear.org/
GPG fingerprint: 4D20 40A0 C734 307E C7B4 DCAA 0303 3AC5 BD9D 7C4D

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedAug 8, '03 at 9:05a
activeAug 8, '03 at 9:05a