I was wondering if there's any open source projects attempting to create a C++ implementation similar to Lucene.

I use lucene for a project which has modest text indexing needs for XML data, but i need an implementation which can index BER encoded ASN.1, and I only have those parsers available in C/C++ (130GB of binary data)

Marc

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Linwood at Apr 16, 2003 at 12:52 am
    Wouldn't it be easier to write a simple parser in C++ using your
    libraries that creates XML out of your ASN.1? I know, it'll balloon your
    130G to a terabyte or so, but maybe you could gzip it as you go along?

    Marc Dumontier wrote:
    I was wondering if there's any open source projects attempting to create a C++ implementation similar to Lucene.

    I use lucene for a project which has modest text indexing needs for XML data, but i need an implementation which can index BER encoded ASN.1, and I only have those parsers available in C/C++ (130GB of binary data)

    Marc

  • Marc Dumontier at Apr 16, 2003 at 1:21 am
    That's one possible solution, but the extra time,and space needed is
    something i'm looking to avoid. I have a current text indexing solution
    written in C which does the job, but i find it's storage format very
    inefficient for searching and i really don't want to start soemthing from
    scratch.

    Marc