Hi all,

There ist something I don't understand about the wildcard queries.
I have values like 'REGENERATION GAS DISTRIBUTION' in the table.
when I make a query like descr: Gas I recieve 31 hits. The same bei query
descr:gas
But when I'm searching for GAS* I don't recieve nothing.
But for gas* I recieve the same hits like gas or GAS.
I use StandardAnalyzer for both indexing and searching. I thougt this
analyzer makes all terms to lowercase?
what have I to do to get the same hits bei upper and lower case characters
in the query?

Thx for help

Arsineh

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Mar 27, 2003 at 6:20 pm
    See FAQ.

    --- Test2.Schwab@Linde-LE.com wrote:
    Hi all,

    There ist something I don't understand about the wildcard queries.
    I have values like 'REGENERATION GAS DISTRIBUTION' in the table.
    when I make a query like descr: Gas I recieve 31 hits. The same bei
    query
    descr:gas
    But when I'm searching for GAS* I don't recieve nothing.
    But for gas* I recieve the same hits like gas or GAS.
    I use StandardAnalyzer for both indexing and searching. I thougt this
    analyzer makes all terms to lowercase?
    what have I to do to get the same hits bei upper and lower case
    characters
    in the query?

    Thx for help

    Arsineh

  • Test2 Schwab at Mar 28, 2003 at 3:36 pm
    Ok, thanks Otis,

    you have to write the terms lowercase when you're searching with wildcards.

    Otis Gospodnetic
    <otis_gospodnetic@ To: Lucene Users List <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
    yahoo.com> cc: (bcc: Test2 Schwab/MUC/VA/Linde-VA)
    Subject: Re: Wildcard searching - Case sensitiv?
    27.03.03 19:20
    Please respond to
    "Lucene Users
    List"

    See FAQ.

    --- Test2.Schwab@Linde-LE.com wrote:
    Hi all,

    There ist something I don't understand about the wildcard queries.
    I have values like 'REGENERATION GAS DISTRIBUTION' in the table.
    when I make a query like descr: Gas I recieve 31 hits. The same bei
    query
    descr:gas
    But when I'm searching for GAS* I don't recieve nothing.
    But for gas* I recieve the same hits like gas or GAS.
    I use StandardAnalyzer for both indexing and searching. I thougt this
    analyzer makes all terms to lowercase?
    what have I to do to get the same hits bei upper and lower case
    characters
    in the query?

    Thx for help

    Arsineh

  • Tatu Saloranta at Mar 29, 2003 at 12:22 am