1- If a stop word is the first term of AND operator,
ArrayIndexOutOfBounsException is raised.

The word "use" being in my stopword list, the query
below fails :

QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("contents",
specific_analyzer_with_stopword) ;
Query query = parser.parse("use AND case");

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 (Vector.java:437)
at
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.addClause(QueryParser.java:161)
at
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Query(QueryParser.java:463)
at
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(QueryParser.java:113)
at
mypackage.test.TestLuceneSearch.search(TestLuceneSearch.java:224)

2- On the other hand, when I permute the stop word
after the 'AND' operator as : "case AND use", the
query works well.

Does anybody go through this kind of issue before ?
Is this a bug or is it some limitation, where lucene
required very strict rules on well formed query string
?
Thanks.

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Mar 23, 2003 at 10:40 pm
    I believe this is a known bug (see the 'Bugs' link on Lucene home
    page).

    Otis

    --- René Ferréro wrote:
    Hi,
    1- If a stop word is the first term of AND operator,
    ArrayIndexOutOfBounsException is raised.

    The word "use" being in my stopword list, the query
    below fails :

    QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("contents",
    specific_analyzer_with_stopword) ;
    Query query = parser.parse("use AND case");

    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 < 0
    at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:437)