G'day One and all,

I'm have some problems getting lucene to do case-insensitive searches. I
have looked through the list archives and found that using the
standardAnalyser should do the trick, however I'm already using this
analyser on both the indexer and searching and still no case-insensitive
searchs are performed. If I type a query in lowercase it finds the
documents, however if I add case then no results are found.

What am I doing wrong?

regards,

Stephen...

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Feb 4, 2003 at 3:28 pm
    Searches are case insensitive. Showing your indexing and your
    searching code would help. Prefix queries are case sensitive.

    Otis

    --- Stephen Eaton wrote:
    G'day One and all,

    I'm have some problems getting lucene to do case-insensitive
    searches. I
    have looked through the list archives and found that using the
    standardAnalyser should do the trick, however I'm already using this
    analyser on both the indexer and searching and still no
    case-insensitive
    searchs are performed. If I type a query in lowercase it finds the
    documents, however if I add case then no results are found.

    What am I doing wrong?

    regards,

    Stephen...

  • Sale, Doug at Feb 4, 2003 at 3:57 pm
    are you running the query through the standard analyzer?

    -doug