According to my experimentation, I am unable to create an IndexWriter
while any IndexReader/Searcher is open on the same index. Since I have
all search threads share one IndexReader, each time I need to create an
IndexWriter I have to wait until all searches are done so that I can close the
IndexReader. Only then I am able to create an IndexWriter. Does this
concurrency problem really exist? Because one problem I have now is
starvation of modification threads. Thanks.

--
Herman

Search Discussions

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Nov 23, 2002 at 6:45 am
    Sounds like problem outside Lucene.
    Can you create a self-contained class that demonstrates the problem?
    If you cannot it probably is not a problem.

    Otis

    Hi,