Hi all,

I'm rather new to lucene so forgive me if the question has been asked:

How do I do case sensitive searches using the StandardAnalyzer to index and search?

Any help or pointers for the right direciton would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Minh Kama Yie

This message is intended only for the named recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action
in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.

Search Discussions

  • Ian Lea at Aug 5, 2002 at 11:12 am
    StandardAnalyzer uses LowerCaseFilter so is unsuitable
    for case sensitive searches. Easiest solution is probably
    to create your own analyzer as a copy of StandardAnalyzer
    but without LowerCaseFilter.

    --
    Ian.
    ian@digimem.net

    Hi all,

    I'm rather new to lucene so forgive me if the question has been asked:

    How do I do case sensitive searches using the StandardAnalyzer to index and search?

    Any help or pointers for the right direciton would be much appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Minh Kama Yie
    Searchable personal storage and archiving from http://www.digimem.net/
  • Nader S. Henein at Aug 5, 2002 at 11:18 am
    but then you'd have to always be case sensative,
    the only way to offer the option of doing both types
    of searches is to have duplicate fields.

    Nader Henein