De : Otis Gospodnetic
Envoye : mercredi 5 juin 2002 00:23
A : Lucene Users List
Objet : Re: lucene and java naming conventions

Dario,

Yes, we may improve coding style over time, but there are no plans for
doing that in the immediate future. I know, it's not ideal, so we all
have to get used to those few exceptions.

Otis

--- Dario Novakovic wrote:
i noticed that some method names in lucene start with upercase, and
it is
realy confusing for me because i allways think it is some inner
classes.
java naming convention suggest that method names starts with
lowercase and
lucene is my first source code expirience that oposes naming
conventions.
i don't want to teach developers how to code, i just want to ask is
there
any reasons for that and to suggest them to consider changes to
source code
to comply with conventions.

thanks

dario

For additional commands, e-mail:

Search Discussions

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jun 4, 2002 at 11:22 pm
    I haven't used Swish-e, but I remember looking at it years ago, and
    from what I remember it wasn't nowhere nearly as scalable as Lucene,
    and it did not support various types of queries that Lucene supports.
    Maybe things have changed since then.
    You can look at http://www.searchtools.com/ for some additional
    information.

    Otis

    --- degetel wrote:
    Hi,

    I have a small question.
    I am quiet new in this field of indexing & searching content.
    I already used lucene in aproject & it was succesfull !

    now I have to consider other solutions.
    Do you know where I can find some arguments to choose lucene compared
    to the
    swish-e solution ?
    functionnal differences ?
    scalability ?
    performances ?

    is there any benchamrks somewhere ?

    thanks
    roland

    --- Dario Novakovic wrote:
    i noticed that some method names in lucene start with upercase, and
    it is
    realy confusing for me because i allways think it is some inner
    classes.
    java naming convention suggest that method names starts with
    lowercase and
    lucene is my first source code expirience that oposes naming
    conventions.
    i don't want to teach developers how to code, i just want to ask is
    there
    any reasons for that and to suggest them to consider changes to
    source code
    to comply with conventions.

    thanks

    dario

    For additional commands, e-mail:
  • Andrew C. Oliver at Jun 5, 2002 at 12:21 pm
    Also consider www.htdig.org