--
Herman

Search Discussions

  • Nader S. Henein at May 20, 2002 at 10:06 am
    Yes it does but there is problem with retrieving the values,
    I wrote an entry about that subject at this link
    http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg01580.html

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Herman Chen
    Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 2:08 PM
    To: Lucene Users List
    Subject: identical field names

    Hi,

    Does Lucene allow Document with more than one Field of the same name but
    different values?
    I'm wondering about this because I'm trying to implement hierarchical search
    as suggested by
    the FAQ, i.e. /dir1/dir2/dir3. But that seems to work only for one folder
    assignment for each
    Document, I need to support multiple folder assignment to a Document.

    Thanks

    --
    Herman