From: Alan Weissman
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:26 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Case Sensitivity

What can I do to configure Lucene to make in case insensitive?

Thanks,
Alan

For additional commands, e-mail:

Search Discussions

  • Joshua O'Madadhain at Apr 3, 2002 at 7:35 pm
    Alan, Aruna:

    The built-in solution is to use LowerCaseFilter in your Analyzer. (The
    SimpleAnalyzer, StopAnalyzer, and StandardAnalyzer classes already do
    this; see the Lucene API docs to see which filters each uses.) The FAQ
    includes an example implementation of an Analyzer if you want to build
    your own.

    Joshua

    Joshua Madden: Information Scientist, Musician, Philosopher-At-Tall
    It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for--Bill Watterson