Hi All,
I have noticed that I can not search using capital letters for some reason.
If I try to do a search on "SPINAL CORD" and if I use a query like SPI* AND
COR*, I get no results back. If I use lowercase (spi* AND cor*) however, I
get the results back. I am using a standard analyzer. Does anyone know why?
Thanks!

For additional commands, e-mail:

Search Discussions

  • Brian Goetz at Jan 21, 2002 at 10:39 pm

    I have noticed that I can not search using capital letters for some reason.
    If I try to do a search on "SPINAL CORD" and if I use a query like SPI* AND
    COR*, I get no results back. If I use lowercase (spi* AND cor*) however, I
    get the results back. I am using a standard analyzer. Does anyone know why?
    Thanks!
    You need to use the _same_ analyzer for analyzing the documents when
    indexing them as you do when you parse the query. You may be using
    a different analyzer for tokenization than for query parsing...