Do we want to start thinking about 2.3 release in the next month or
so, say by the end of September? I propose this time around, during
our freeze cycle, we take a good look at cleaning up JIRA, especially
some of the older issues (< LUCENE-400). I am hoping to add a Hudson
call similar to what Hadoop does that automatically applies patches
to the trunk to see if the tests pass, codestyle is met, etc. If
anyone wants to help out with that, I would appreciate it. Ideally,
we could build something that is nice and portable so that other
Lucene projects can use it (maybe even other ASF projects) It seems
like it could be done through some ANT tasks and targets, instead of
the current shell way. Mostly, I say that, though, b/c I am not much
of a shell scripter and is not a knock against the Hadoop
implementation.

We also should do some thinking on what we want to deprecate per our
plan to move to JDK 1.5 and Lucene 3.0.

Thoughts?

-Grant

  • Michael McCandless at Aug 25, 2007 at 12:55 pm

    Do we want to start thinking about 2.3 release in the next month or
    so, say by the end of September?
    +1

    I'd like to commit LUCENE-845/847/870: I think those issues are not
    too far being committable. I'll go mark them 2.3.
    I propose this time around, during our freeze cycle, we take a good
    look at cleaning up JIRA, especially some of the older issues (<
    LUCENE-400). Great!
    I am hoping to add a Hudson call similar to what Hadoop does that
    automatically applies patches to the trunk to see if the tests pass,
    codestyle is met, etc. If anyone wants to help out with that, I
    would appreciate it. Ideally, we could build something that is nice
    and portable so that other Lucene projects can use it (maybe even
    other ASF projects) It seems like it could be done through some ANT
    tasks and targets, instead of the current shell way. Mostly, I say
    that, though, b/c I am not much of a shell scripter and is not a
    knock against the Hadoop implementation.
    This would be awesome.

    Mike