Grokbase Groups Lucene dev June 2013
GitHub user thrykol opened a pull request:

     https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10

     Lucene solr 4 3

     Logging pages threw a JS error when logging has not been initialized. Cleaned up logic to handle un-initialized logging.

     $ git pull https://github.com/thrykol/lucene-solr lucene_solr_4_3

     https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10.patch

----

----

  • Erick Erickson at Jun 11, 2013 at 10:57 am
    Typically, people will open up a JIRA and attach the patch in order to
    get it into the system, could you go ahead and do that? See:
    http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

    Best
    Erick
    GitHub user thrykol opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10

    Lucene solr 4 3

    Logging pages threw a JS error when logging has not been initialized. Cleaned up logic to handle un-initialized logging.

    $ git pull https://github.com/thrykol/lucene-solr lucene_solr_4_3

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10.patch

    ----

    ----

  • Chris Hostetter at Jun 11, 2013 at 4:08 pm
    : Typically, people will open up a JIRA and attach the patch in order to
    : get it into the system, could you go ahead and do that? See:
    : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

    Erick: pull request emails like this are automaticly generated by the
    git.apache.org -> github.org bridge put in place by Infra anytime someone
    with a fork on github hit's the "Pull Request" button. The user involved
    is not neccessarily subscribed to this list, and the From email address is
    a black box (git@git.apache.org)

    conceptually, pull request emails should be treated the same as someone
    anonymously emailing the URL of a patch to the list.