Hi all, I am playing around with the spatial extension to Lucene.
I am using the distance query builder now. I wonder if it is possible to to
use other shapes than points and other queries than distances. I've seen
(beside that you do not like the metric system ;-) ) that there are some
shape intersection calculations etc. so I would assume that stuff like
"which polyline intersects with my polyline?" should be possible.

If this is possible, are there any examples?
If not, what has to be done to implement that functionality?

--
Christopher
twitter: @fakod

Search Discussions

  • Patrick o'leary at Nov 2, 2010 at 8:49 pm
    It's possible, I wrote one last year as a demo
    http://www.knowledgenowsystems.com/polySpatialSolrUI/

    But I've since stepped back from solr, there are some products that have
    been deployed using it as research projects, it certainly hasn't been
    updated in a while.

    Hi all, I am playing around with the spatial extension to Lucene.
    I am using the distance query builder now. I wonder if it is possible to to
    use other shapes than points and other queries than distances. I've seen
    (beside that you do not like the metric system ;-) ) that there are some
    shape intersection calculations etc. so I would assume that stuff like
    "which polyline intersects with my polyline?" should be possible.

    If this is possible, are there any examples?
    If not, what has to be done to implement that functionality?

    --
    Christopher
    twitter: @fakod
    blog: http://blog.fakod.eu
  • Christopher Schmidt at Nov 2, 2010 at 9:06 pm
    Patrick, is it possible to see some code?
[...]

  • Patrick o'leary at Nov 2, 2010 at 9:22 pm
    I left it on a branch in source forge, I'll see if I can dig it out
[...]

  • Lance Norskog at Nov 3, 2010 at 1:54 am
    Thanks for the UI js code.

    goksron@gmail.com