Hi

Is IndexFileNameFilter supposed to be a singleton (looks like it)?
If so, shouldn't its constructor be private?
Also, since it has a static getFilter() method, its singleton should also be
private.
I checked and there are no references to either the singleton or the
constructor outside this class, so the change should not cause any issues.

Shai

Search Discussions

  • Michael McCandless at Dec 22, 2008 at 11:38 am
    I think this makes sense. Can you submit patch? Thanks Shai.

    Mike

    Shai Erera wrote:
    Hi

    Is IndexFileNameFilter supposed to be a singleton (looks like it)?
    If so, shouldn't its constructor be private?
    Also, since it has a static getFilter() method, its singleton should
    also be private.
    I checked and there are no references to either the singleton or the
    constructor outside this class, so the change should not cause any
    issues.

    Shai

  • Shai Erera at Dec 22, 2008 at 12:02 pm
    Sure