Hello,

In o.a.l.index.IndexFileNames.java, there are these lines :

static final String INDEX_EXTENSIONS[] = new String[] {
"cfs", "fnm", "fdx", "fdt", "tii", "tis", "frq", "prx", "del",
"tvx", "tvd", "tvf", "tvp", "gen", "nrm"
};

What is the "tvp" extension ? I didn't see any occurrence of it in the doc,
neither in the code. A bug ?

cheers,
Nicolas

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jan 8, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    I don't have the sources handy to check, but my guess would be this extension is/was for Term Vectors with Positions.
    Like somebody else said recently, it would be good to make all these into static finals, so we don't have to chase "string" values in the code.

    Otis

    In o.a.l.index.IndexFileNames.java, there are these lines :

    static final String INDEX_EXTENSIONS[] = new String[] {
    "cfs", "fnm", "fdx", "fdt", "tii", "tis", "frq", "prx", "del",
    "tvx", "tvd", "tvf", "tvp", "gen", "nrm"
    };

    What is the "tvp" extension ? I didn't see any occurrence of it in the doc,
    neither in the code. A bug ?

    cheers,
    Nicolas

  • Bernhard Messer at Jan 9, 2007 at 1:11 pm
    Term Vectors with positions are written to the "tvf" file like other
    term vector information too. There is no extra file containing term
    vectors position information. The "tvp" extension seems to be an relict
    from earlier days where lucene file extensions where spreaded over
    several class files, e.g SegmentReader.java.

    I will remove the "tvp" extension so that nobody gets confused. Thanks
    to Nicolas, reporting the bug.

    Bernhard