I had hoped that I could use PhraseQuery as kind of a "fuzzy search on phrases". It works as long as ALL of the query terms match in the document. Doesn't the slop factor provide for added terms?

For example:

Text = "a b c d"
Query = "a b e"~2

Should the query match? We basically have on insertion in the query. This doesn't seem to be the case for all my tests.

Jim

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.

  • Erik Hatcher at Jan 7, 2004 at 12:46 am

    I had hoped that I could use PhraseQuery as kind of a "fuzzy search on
    phrases". It works as long as ALL of the query terms match in the
    document. Doesn't the slop factor provide for added terms?

    For example:

    Text = "a b c d"
    Query = "a b e"~2

    Should the query match? We basically have on insertion in the query.
    This doesn't seem to be the case for all my tests.
    Nope, sorry... PhraseQuery doesn't work that way. All terms in the
    query must be present in the field within the specified slop for it to
    be a hit. (see PhraseScorer.java)

    Erik