Grokbase Groups Lucene dev March 2002

Would it be okay with everyone if I created a scratchpad and
corresponding scratchpad build targets. This is done in a number of
projects. I would begin refactoring some source donations and ideas for
the application extensions here and move them to new packages when they
reach a level of maturity.

-Andy
--
http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound

For additional commands, e-mail:

Search Discussions

  • Dmitry Serebrennikov at Mar 21, 2002 at 1:59 am

    Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
    Hi,

    Would it be okay with everyone if I created a scratchpad and
    corresponding scratchpad build targets. This is done in a number of
    projects. I would begin refactoring some source donations and ideas for
    the application extensions here and move them to new packages when they
    reach a level of maturity.

    -Andy
    That would be excellent! I could finally contribute my term vector
    support additions. I just don't have any web space that I could host it
    on otherwise.
    Dmitry.

    For additional commands, e-mail:
  • Otis Gospodnetic at Mar 21, 2002 at 5:58 am
    I'm for this, just curious how you want to go about it and how you are
    going to make it clear to new Lucene users that this is only scratchpad
    area, so that we don't get bug reports, inquires, etc.?
    Thanks,
    Otis

    --- "Andrew C. Oliver" wrote:
    Hi,

    Would it be okay with everyone if I created a scratchpad and
    corresponding scratchpad build targets. This is done in a number of
    projects. I would begin refactoring some source donations and ideas
    for
    the application extensions here and move them to new packages when
    they
    reach a level of maturity.

    -Andy
    --
    http://www.superlinksoftware.com
    http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound
    Document
    format to java
    - fix java generics!
    vote.
    -Ambassador Kosh

    For additional commands, e-mail:
  • Otis Gospodnetic at Mar 21, 2002 at 6:03 am
    Oh, and how is this going to work with Lucene's Contrib area? Are you
    going to adopt, migrate, and merge some of the contributions from there
    into this scratchpad area to develop and integrate them further or ...?
    Just curious.
    Otis

    --- Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
    I'm for this, just curious how you want to go about it and how you
    are
    going to make it clear to new Lucene users that this is only
    scratchpad
    area, so that we don't get bug reports, inquires, etc.?
    Thanks,
    Otis

    Hi,