I am working on adding a search feature to a web site that uses single
database driven aspx pages and would like to know if Lucene can search using
the http url address or database to index from.
As current I can only see Lucene being able to search physical files in a
windows folder.

Any ideas?

Sent from the Lucene - C Developer forum at Nabble.com.

Search Discussions

  • Garrett Rooney at Jun 29, 2006 at 3:34 pm

    I am working on adding a search feature to a web site that uses single
    database driven aspx pages and would like to know if Lucene can search using
    the http url address or database to index from.
    As current I can only see Lucene being able to search physical files in a
    windows folder.
    This mail should probably be sent to a different lucene mailing list.
    This is a list associated with a (stalled) attempt to port Lucene to
    C. You probably want a general Lucene mailing list.

    -garrett
  • Tim Archambault at Jun 29, 2006 at 3:58 pm
    Yes,

    I inject database files into a Lucene index every day using Cold Fusion. If
    it can be done with CF it can be done with .NET.

    I am working on adding a search feature to a web site that uses single
    database driven aspx pages and would like to know if Lucene can search
    using
    the http url address or database to index from.
    As current I can only see Lucene being able to search physical files in a
    windows folder.

    Any ideas?

    Sent from the Lucene - C Developer forum at Nabble.com.
  • Clive. at Jun 29, 2006 at 4:11 pm
    Thanks for that I have managed to fined Lucene4DB
    http://www.netomatix.com/Products/DocumentManagement/Lucene4DB.aspx that may
    do the job.
    Sent from the Lucene - C Developer forum at Nabble.com.
  • Tim Archambault at Jun 30, 2006 at 5:03 pm
    You may want to check this out as well:
    http://incubator.apache.org/solr/