Using Ajax, I'd like the search box on my website to perform like GOOGLE
SUGGEST.

When opening a Lucene index with LUKE, I noticed I can review the top "X"
terms within the "body" element. What I'd like to do is extract those values
so they can be displayed in my GOOGLE SUGGEST search box as the user types
in the keyword(s).

Any thoughts on what elements I should be reviewing within the Lucene index
is greatly appreciated.

Search Discussions

  • Garrett Rooney at Apr 11, 2006 at 6:34 pm

    Using Ajax, I'd like the search box on my website to perform like GOOGLE
    SUGGEST.

    When opening a Lucene index with LUKE, I noticed I can review the top "X"
    terms within the "body" element. What I'd like to do is extract those values
    so they can be displayed in my GOOGLE SUGGEST search box as the user types
    in the keyword(s).

    Any thoughts on what elements I should be reviewing within the Lucene index
    is greatly appreciated.
    This question should probably be directed to the Lucene Users mailing
    list, not the development list for a C port of Lucene.

    -garrett
  • Tim Archambault at Apr 11, 2006 at 6:35 pm
    Excuse my ignorance. I'll have to go find that mailing list. Sorry for your
    inconvenience.
    Using Ajax, I'd like the search box on my website to perform like GOOGLE
    SUGGEST.

    When opening a Lucene index with LUKE, I noticed I can review the top "X"
    terms within the "body" element. What I'd like to do is extract those values
    so they can be displayed in my GOOGLE SUGGEST search box as the user types
    in the keyword(s).

    Any thoughts on what elements I should be reviewing within the Lucene index
    is greatly appreciated.
    This question should probably be directed to the Lucene Users mailing
    list, not the development list for a C port of Lucene.

    -garrett

groupc-dev @
categorieslucene
postedApr 11, '06 at 6:32p
activeApr 11, '06 at 6:35p
websitelucene.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Tim Archambault: 2 posts Garrett Rooney: 1 post