I'd like to save longitude and latitude data points in my lucene index for
businesses, churches, etc. Is the obvious way to store the longitude values
as keywords in the format "00.000". Then on the search phase I can compare
the "derived" mathematical location for say a registered users lat/long home
address from my registered user database and compare with search results?
...and based on LUCENE IN ACTION example, I can boost search results based
on proximity from point "index" to point "search."

Thanks for any help. For some context, this is a newspaper web site.

Tim Archambault
Bangordailynews.com <http://Bangordailynews.com>
Bangor, ME

Search Discussions

  • Garrett Rooney at Apr 9, 2005 at 12:03 am

    Tim Archambault wrote:
    I'd like to save longitude and latitude data points in my lucene index for
    businesses, churches, etc. Is the obvious way to store the longitude values
    as keywords in the format "00.000". Then on the search phase I can compare
    the "derived" mathematical location for say a registered users lat/long home
    address from my registered user database and compare with search results?
    ...and based on LUCENE IN ACTION example, I can boost search results based
    on proximity from point "index" to point "search."

    Thanks for any help. For some context, this is a newspaper web site.
    I think you probably wanted to send this to java-dev@lucene.apache.org,
    not c-dev@l.a.o.

    -garrett

groupc-dev @
categorieslucene
postedApr 9, '05 at 12:00a
activeApr 9, '05 at 12:03a
websitelucene.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Tim Archambault: 1 post Garrett Rooney: 1 post