Thank you,
Mark

Search Discussions

  • Steven Wong at Oct 5, 2011 at 12:23 am
    COLLECTION ITEMS refers to the ARRAY column type. For more info on arrays, see:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+UDF

    From: Mark Kerzner
    Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:28 AM
    To: Hive user
    Subject: How does COLLECTION ITEMS work in Hive?

    Hi, expert,

    I see this clause in CREATE TABLE --

    COLLECTION ITEMS TERMINATED BY

    How does it work? Does Hive create a new row for each collection item, repeating the other elements? If not, how does it treat collection items?

    Thank you,
    Mark
  • Mark Kerzner at Oct 5, 2011 at 12:46 am
    Thank you, I found very few examples, and this old Jira helped the best

    COLLECTION ITEMS refers to the ARRAY column type. For more info on arrays,
    see:****

    ** **

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL****

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+UDF****

    ** **

    ** **

    How does it work? Does Hive create a new row for each collection item, repeating the other elements? If not, how does it treat collection items?

    Thank you,
    Mark****

    ** **

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedOct 4, '11 at 4:28p
activeOct 5, '11 at 12:46a
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Kerzner: 2 posts Steven Wong: 1 post