Hello !

Since one week I'm trying to integrate Hive with my current HBase instance
but whatever the results, all the stuff I follow to build it seems
unconsistent... So before I go mad, maybe somebody can help :)

What I have :
- HBase 0.9.3 running OpenTSDB (http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html using a
single node HBase cluster)
- Hadoop 0.20-append (as I read that this is the only compatible version
with HBase :
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/04/14/building-an-hadoop-0-20-x-version-for-hbase-0-90-2/
)

What I use to build Hive :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted

So then tweaking the Hive ivy/libraries.properties and ./build.properties I
have set :
hbase.version=0.90.3
hbase-test.version=0.90.3
zookeeper.version=3.3.2

hadoop.version=0.20.0
hadoop.security.version=0.20.0
hadoop.mirror=http://mirror.facebook.net/facebook/hive-deps
hadoop.mirror2=http://archive.cloudera.com/hive-deps

I saw that obviously, in the facebook & cloudera mirrors, the
hadoop-0.20-append doesn't exist.

So... what should I do ? Modify something to point to my local hadoop jars ?
(if yes, what ?)

Thanks in advance !

shazz

Search Discussions

  • shazz Ng at Sep 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm
    yes !

    I used the Cloudera CDH3 distribution whcih already includes HBase, Hive,
    Pig, Hadoop tested & integrated !
    Works like a charm !

    It saved my day :)
    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/CDH3+Installation+Guide

    hope it will save your day too ;-)

    shazz
    I also have the same issue. have you found any solution???????

    Thanks

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedSep 12, '11 at 1:58p