Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2011
Dear Hive users,

Hadoop World 2011 (http://hadoopworld.com/) will be held November 8th
and 9th in NYC. This year we're also planning to organize a Hive Meetup.
These events are a good place for users to interact with each other
and with the Hive development team.

In order to help with organization, I set up a form with a few
questions about what kind of meetup the community wants, and which
evening is best:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dENBelpZaDc3X1gxbmpFem01MzJPT0E6MQ

Please fill this out, and feel free to contact me directly if you have
any questions.

Thanks!

Carl

Search Discussions

  • Edward Capriolo at Aug 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm
    Carl,

    Do you mean a one time Hive meetup or do you mean a recurring one?

    I ask because the hadoop-nyc meetup is slowing down alot.
    http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-NYC/. So supporting a hadoop and specific hive
    meetup seem difficult.

    Edward
    and 9th in NYC. This year we're also planning to organize a Hive Meetup.
    These events are a good place for users to interact with each other
    and with the Hive development team.

    In order to help with organization, I set up a form with a few
    questions about what kind of meetup the community wants, and which
    evening is best:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dENBelpZaDc3X1gxbmpFem01MzJPT0E6MQ

    Please fill this out, and feel free to contact me directly if you have
    any questions.

    Thanks!

    Carl
  • Carl Steinbach at Aug 29, 2011 at 8:04 pm
    Hi Ed,

    This is a one-time event targeted at Hadoop World attendees, though
    others are welcome to attend as well.

[...]

  • Bennie Schut at Oct 12, 2011 at 1:58 pm
    I'll be at hadoop world. Is the hive meetup still happening?
[...]

  • Chalcy Raja at Oct 12, 2011 at 5:32 pm
    There is a sqoop user group meet on the 7th which I am planning to attend. I am really interested in hive group meet up. I have the same question as Bennie and if yes when?

    Thank you,
    Chalcy

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop