~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml

Amit

Search Discussions

  • Aggarwal, Vaibhav at Aug 22, 2011 at 9:49 pm
    Did you restart the hive server after modifying the hive-site.xml settings?
    I think you need to restart the server to pick up the latest settings in the config file.

    Thanks
    Vaibhav

    From: Amit Sharma
    Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:42 PM
    To: user@hive.apache.org
    Subject: Hive Custom UDF - "hive.aux.jars.path" not working

    Hi,
    I build custom UDFS for hive and they seem to work fine when i explicitly register the jars using the "add jar <jarname>" command or put in in the environment variable "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH". But if i add it as a configuration variable in the hive-site.xml file and try to register the function using "create temporary function <functionname> as 'funciton' ", it cannot find the jar. Any idea whats going on here?

    Here is the snippet from hive-site.xml:

    ~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml

    Amit
  • Amit Sharma at Aug 22, 2011 at 10:05 pm
    Hi Vaibhav,
    Excuse my ignorance as im a little new to Hive. What do you mean by
    restart the Hive Server? I am using the Hive Interactive shell for my work.
    So i start the shell after modifying the config variable. Which server do i
    need to restart?

    Amit
    Did you restart the hive server after modifying the hive-site.xml settings?
    ****

    I think you need to restart the server to pick up the latest settings in
    the config file.****

    ** **

    Thanks****

    Vaibhav****

    ** **

    I build custom UDFS for hive and they seem to work fine when i explicitly
    register the jars using the "add jar <jarname>" command or put in in the
    environment variable "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH". But if i add it as a
    configuration variable in the hive-site.xml file and try to register the
    function using "create temporary function <functionname> as 'funciton' ", it
    cannot find the jar. Any idea whats going on here?

    Here is the snippet from hive-site.xml:

    ~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml

    Amit****
  • Chinna at Aug 23, 2011 at 5:18 am
    Hi,

    U need to mention the jar like this,

    ~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml
    /development/depot/dataeng/hive/dist/{URJARNAME}.jar</value></property>

    U r using CLI mode so after changing the value if u start shell that is
    ok...and in another mode also we can start hive that is hiveserver this case
    after changing the value u need to restart the hive server

    Thanks,

    Chinna Rao Lalam

    _____

    I build custom UDFS for hive and they seem to work fine when i explicitly
    register the jars using the "add jar <jarname>" command or put in in the
    environment variable "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH". But if i add it as a
    configuration variable in the hive-site.xml file and try to register the
    function using "create temporary function <functionname> as 'funciton' ", it
    cannot find the jar. Any idea whats going on here?

    Here is the snippet from hive-site.xml:

    ~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml
    /development/depot/dataeng/hive/dist</value></property>

    Amit
  • Amit Sharma at Aug 23, 2011 at 5:41 pm
    Hi Chinna,
    That worked, Thanks a lot. So once the jar is picked up, is there a way
    to create a temporary function, that is retained even if i quit the
    interactive shell and start it again? Or do i have to use the create
    command to register the function everytime?

    Thanks.
    Amit

    ------------------------------

    I build custom UDFS for hive and they seem to work fine when i explicitly
    register the jars using the "add jar <jarname>" command or put in in the
    environment variable "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH". But if i add it as a
    configuration variable in the hive-site.xml file and try to register the
    function using "create temporary function <functionname> as 'funciton' ", it
    cannot find the jar. Any idea whats going on here?

    Here is the snippet from hive-site.xml:

    ~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml

    Amit****

    ** **
  • Chinna Rao Lalam 72745 at Aug 23, 2011 at 6:21 pm
    Hi Amit,

    Pls check this issue HIVE-1405 it will help u .This issue targeting same scenario.

    Thanks
    Chinna Rao Lalam
[...]

  • Amit Sharma at Aug 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm
    Do you know anyway in which this can be done in "Hive Server" ?

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedAug 22, '11 at 9:42p
activeAug 26, '11 at 7:14p