Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2011
Hey All,

Please tell me where to enter datanode IP's in CHD3U2 , actally i installed
all the components in namenode and datanode but confuse where to put
datanode IPS in namenode so thet they get connected.

--
With Regards
Vikas Srivastava

DWH & Analytics Team
Mob:+91 9560885900
One97 | Let's get talking !

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at Aug 11, 2011 at 1:05 pm
    Vikas,

    This question belongs to Hadoop's lists. I'm moving it to
    hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org.

    To answer your question:

    DN hostnames must exist in the dfs.hosts pointed file if you want
    selective inclusion. Else you just have to start the DN with the right
    config and network access to the NN, and it will automatically join
    the cluster.

    On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Vikas Srivastava
    Please tell me where to enter datanode IP's in CHD3U2 , actally i installed
    all the components in namenode and datanode but confuse where to put
    datanode IPS in namenode so thet they get connected.

    --
    With Regards
    Vikas Srivastava

    DWH & Analytics Team
    Mob:+91 9560885900
    One97 | Let's get talking !

    --
    Harsh J

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedAug 11, '11 at 12:57p
activeAug 11, '11 at 1:05p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Vikas Srivastava: 1 post Harsh J: 1 post