Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2011
Hi
I've been successful using hive for a past few projects. Now for a particular use case I'm bit confused what to choose, Hive or Pig. My project involves a step by step sequential work flow. In every step I retrieve some values based on some query, use these values as input to new queries iterative(similar to foreach implementation in Pig) and so on. Is hive a good choice here when I'm having 11 sequence of operation as described? The second confusion for me is, does hive support 'foreach' equivalent functionality?

Please advise.

I'm from JAVA background, not much into db development so not sure of any such concepts in SQL.

Thanks

Regards
Bejoy K S

Search Discussions

  • Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu at Aug 8, 2011 at 11:45 am
    You can have a look at typical use cases of Pig and Hive here http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2010/08/pig_and_hive_at_yahoo/

    Thanks
    Amareshwari