Grokbase Groups Hive user July 2011
Hi

When I execute below alter query , Hive server is shutting down.

"CREATE TABLE SAMPLETABLE(IP STRING , showtime BIGINT ) partitioned by (ds
string,ipz int) ROW FORMAT

DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\040' "

"ALTER TABLE SAMPLETABLE add Partition(ds='sf') location
'/user/hive/warehouse' Partition(ipz=100) location

'/user/hive/warehouse'"

Can somebody help me , Why Hive server is shutting down when above alter
query is executed..?

I want to know, Is this is bug..? or Is this is expected behavior..?

Please help me out with this problem, I am blocked here.

Thanks & Regards

RohithSharma K S

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJul 11, '11 at 4:12a
activeJul 11, '11 at 4:12a