Grokbase Groups Hive user July 2011
Hello,

When I execute multiple queries in Hive, the mapred tasks are queued up and
executed one by one. Is there are way I could set Hive or Hadoop to execute
mapred tasks in parallel?

I am running on Hive 0.4.1 and Hadoop 0.20

Tx!

Search Discussions

  • Hadoop n00b at Jul 8, 2011 at 6:00 am
    Found *hive*.*exec*.*parallel!!!*
    How can I set to to be 'true' by default?

    Thanks!

    When I execute multiple queries in Hive, the mapred tasks are queued up and
    executed one by one. Is there are way I could set Hive or Hadoop to execute
    mapred tasks in parallel?

    I am running on Hive 0.4.1 and Hadoop 0.20

    Tx!
  • Ted Yu at Jul 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm
    Set it in conf/hive-site.xml
    How can I set to to be 'true' by default?

    Thanks!

    When I execute multiple queries in Hive, the mapred tasks are queued up
    and executed one by one. Is there are way I could set Hive or Hadoop to
    execute mapred tasks in parallel?

    I am running on Hive 0.4.1 and Hadoop 0.20

    Tx!

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJul 8, '11 at 5:45a