With Regards,
Raghav.

Search Discussions

  • Sobieray, Aaron at Jun 24, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    The join() function in StringUtils or Google's Joiner class is what you're looking for.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Raghav Kumar Gautam
    Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:52 AM
    To: user@hive.apache.org
    Subject: Converting Array to a String

    I used function collect_set(col) on a table got an array as output. I want to cast it to string for furthur processing. Is there a function to accomplish this.

    With Regards,
    Raghav.
  • Raghav Kumar Gautam at Jun 25, 2011 at 3:38 pm
    Can I use them in hive like I use UDF ? If so, then how can I do that ?

    With Regards,
    Raghav.

    "Sobieray, Aaron" <sobieray@amazon.com>
    writes:
    The join() function in StringUtils or Google's Joiner class is what you're looking for.

    I used function collect_set(col) on a table got an array as output. I want to cast it to string for furthur processing. Is there a function to accomplish this.

    With Regards,
    Raghav.
  • Edward Capriolo at Jun 25, 2011 at 4:20 pm
    The reflect / javamwthod udf might help

    writes:
    The join() function in StringUtils or Google's Joiner class is what you're looking for.

    I used function collect_set(col) on a table got an array as output. I want to cast it to string for furthur processing. Is there a function to accomplish this.

    With Regards,
    Raghav.

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop