Thanks in advance !
Sent from my iPhone

Search Discussions

  • Steven Wong at Jun 25, 2011 at 12:12 am
    Not sure if this is what you’re asking for: Hive has a LOAD DATA command. There is no decimal data type.

    From: Mapred Learn
    Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:25 AM
    To: user@hive.apache.org; mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org; cdh-user@cloudera.org
    Subject: Resend -> how to load sequence file with decimal data

    Hi,
    I have a sequence file where The value is text with delimited data and some fields are decimal fields.
    For eg: decimal(16,6). Sample value : 123.456735.
    How do I upload such a sequence file in hive and what shud I give in table definition for decimal values as above ?

    Thanks in advance !

    Sent from my iPhone
  • Mapred Learn at Jun 27, 2011 at 7:13 pm
    Hi Steven,
    With load data you give some info about data also. As in Tom' White's book:
    create external table external_table(dummy string)
    location....
    load data....

    Now dummy string is a field in this data. Similarly, what I have is a dcimal
    field. How do I specify it in the create command ?

    Not sure if this is what you’re asking for: Hive has a LOAD DATA command.
    There is no decimal data type.****

    ** **

    ** **

    I have a sequence file where The value is text with delimited data and some
    fields are decimal fields.
    For eg: decimal(16,6). Sample value : 123.456735.
    How do I upload such a sequence file in hive and what shud I give in table
    definition for decimal values as above ?

    Thanks in advance !****

    Sent from my iPhone****

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJun 23, '11 at 2:25p
activeJun 27, '11 at 7:13p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Mapred Learn: 2 posts Steven Wong: 1 post