Grokbase Groups Hive user June 2011
Hi all,

I am using Hive Server once submitted the query(It will take 60 mins) if
Hive Server is down after 50 mins I cannot get the results of the submitted
query. In this case I need to submit same query again.

In case of CLI also same problem is there..

Any suggestions or any one handling this type of scenario in u r
applications.

Thanks & Regards,
Chinna Rao Lalam

Search Discussions

  • Shouguo Li at Jun 21, 2011 at 4:21 pm
    60 mins seems too long. there are many reason why a task runs slow. you have
    to supply more info for us to help you, :)
    how much data is that query crunching through? are you sure hive/hadoop is
    running on remote mode? is the cluster balanced? what are hive/hadoop
    configs look like, i.e. mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum,
    mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum,
    etc

    I am using Hive Server once submitted the query(It will take 60 mins) if
    Hive Server is down after 50 mins I cannot get the results of the submitted
    query. In this case I need to submit same query again.

    In case of CLI also same problem is there..

    Any suggestions or any one handling this type of scenario in u r
    applications.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Chinna Rao Lalam

groupuser @