Grokbase Groups Hive user June 2011
hey guys
i added hive package to my hadoop cluster. if i go into hive cli, i can run
hive in remote mode. but queries going through hive server runs in local
mode which is really slow... the only changes i did to hive is to set up
derby network server, following this link:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HiveDerbyServerMode
anybody knows how to fix this?

Search Discussions

  • Shouguo Li at Jun 11, 2011 at 4:17 am
    hmm, nobody replied to my email earlier so going to send this out one last
    time, sorry for the spam guys.
    btw, i also exported these env variables before starting hive server:
    export HADOOP_CONF_DIR
    export HADOOP_HOME
    export HIVE_CONF_DIR
    export HIVE_HOME