Grokbase Groups Hive user May 2011
Hello,

We want to provide hints to hive to use mapside join on multiple tables. something like /*+ MAPJOIN(a, b,c) */

Is it possible? If yes, what is the syntax for the same?

Thanks and Regards,
Shantian

Search Discussions

  • Viral Bajaria at May 26, 2011 at 9:30 pm
    You should be able to comma separate multiple hints i.e. /*+ MAPJOIN(a),
    MAPJOIN(b), MAPJOIN(c) */

    -Viral

    On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Shantian Purkad
    We want to provide hints to hive to use mapside join on multiple tables.
    something like /*+ MAPJOIN(a, b,c) */

    Is it possible? If yes, what is the syntax for the same?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Shantian

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedMay 26, '11 at 9:26p
activeMay 26, '11 at 9:30p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Shantian Purkad: 1 post Viral Bajaria: 1 post