Grokbase Groups Hive user May 2011
Hi all,

I want to create a lot of tables and load data separately. These tables need
different parameters.

So I want to use python for example, to invoke the command line client. How
to do it?

My hive runs in embedded mode.

Thanks.
--
dujinhang

Search Discussions

  • 김영우 at May 26, 2011 at 2:09 am
    See,
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveClient

    <http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveClient>- Youngwoo

    I want to create a lot of tables and load data separately. These tables
    need different parameters.

    So I want to use python for example, to invoke the command line client. How
    to do it?

    My hive runs in embedded mode.

    Thanks.
    --
    dujinhang
  • Jinhang du at May 26, 2011 at 2:16 am
    So what's the difference between a embedded server and a standalone server?
    Can you help me understand it?

    I want to create a lot of tables and load data separately. These tables
    need different parameters.

    So I want to use python for example, to invoke the command line client.
    How to do it?

    My hive runs in embedded mode.

    Thanks.
    --
    dujinhang

    --
    dujinhang
  • 김영우 at May 26, 2011 at 8:23 am
    AFAIK, Hive standalone server allows multiple clients to make connections.
    See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-73

    - Youngwoo

    So what's the difference between a embedded server and a standalone server?
    Can you help me understand it?

    I want to create a lot of tables and load data separately. These tables
    need different parameters.

    So I want to use python for example, to invoke the command line client.
    How to do it?

    My hive runs in embedded mode.

    Thanks.
    --