Grokbase Groups Hive user May 2011
Hi experts,
I got to know that hive has no stored procedures.but this can be done in
Hive with the help of streaming and functions.Is there any way to implement
*Declare,Conditional handling statements,Control statements* in hive.As of
now i'm looking into Hive UDF's and some stored procedures in MySQL.Trying
to figure out whether it will help me in implementing the same in Hive.

If anyone tried or implemented the above then please share with me.

Thanks & Regards,
Tamilselvi A.

Search Discussions

  • Ashish Thusoo at May 11, 2011 at 7:01 pm
    With streaming, UDF or UDTFs you would get almost any kind of control flow you want without having those features implemented in Hive proper. For udf, udaf or udtf you use java for implementation. In streaming you can use any language of your choice. Not sure if this addresses stuff?

    Ashish

    I got to know that hive has no stored procedures.but this can be done in Hive with the help of streaming and functions.Is<http://functions.Is> there any way to implement Declare,Conditional handling statements,Control statements in hive.As of now i'm looking into Hive UDF's and some stored procedures in MySQL.Trying to figure out whether it will help me in implementing the same in Hive.

    If anyone tried or implemented the above then please share with me.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Tamilselvi A.
  • Jothi A at May 17, 2011 at 9:57 am
    Thanks Ashish. Now using Java for implementation.

    Regards,
    Tamil
    With streaming, UDF or UDTFs you would get almost any kind of control flow
    you want without having those features implemented in Hive proper. For udf,
    udaf or udtf you use java for implementation. In streaming you can use any
    language of your choice. Not sure if this addresses stuff?

    Ashish

    I got to know that hive has no stored procedures.but this can be done in
    Hive with the help of streaming and functions.Is there any way to
    implement *Declare,Conditional handling statements,Control statements* in
    hive.As of now i'm looking into Hive UDF's and some stored procedures in
    MySQL.Trying to figure out whether it will help me in implementing the same
    in Hive.

    If anyone tried or implemented the above then please share with me.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Tamilselvi A.

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop