directory named 'TempStatsStore' be created every time I run the hive job .
What does these files do? Is there a way to prevent them created ?

Search Discussions

  • Christopher, Pat at May 10, 2011 at 8:25 pm
    I don't know what TempStatsStore is, but derby.log is an artifact of using the default metastore db, derby. I was unable to figure out a way to get derby.log to not be created or to be created in a particular directory. I also never saw anything useful in that file. I delete it whenever I see it.

    What's in TempStatsStore?

    Pat

    From: wd
    Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:07 AM
    To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: What does 'TempStatsStore' do ?

    hi,

    After upgrade to hive 0.7, I found there will a file named 'derby.log' and directory named 'TempStatsStore' be created every time I run the hive job . What does these files do? Is there a way to prevent them created ?
  • Ning Zhang at May 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm
    TempStatsStore is a derby database for stats gathering (intermediate stats). You can turn off stats gathering by set hive.stats.autogather=false.

    I don’t know what TempStatsStore is, but derby.log is an artifact of using the default metastore db, derby. I was unable to figure out a way to get derby.log to not be created or to be created in a particular directory. I also never saw anything useful in that file. I delete it whenever I see it.

    What’s in TempStatsStore?

    Pat

    After upgrade to hive 0.7, I found there will a file named 'derby.log'
    and directory named 'TempStatsStore' be created every time I run the hive
    job . What does these files do? Is there a way to prevent them created ?

  • Raghunath, Ranjith at May 11, 2011 at 2:56 am
    Is there some advantage to gathering stats in this case?

    Thank you,
    Ranjith N. Raghunath

    After upgrade to hive 0.7, I found there will a file named 'derby.log' and directory named 'TempStatsStore' be created every time I run the hive job . What does these files do? Is there a way to prevent them created ?

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedMay 10, '11 at 10:07a
activeMay 11, '11 at 2:56a