Grokbase Groups Hive user April 2011
Regards to all. I was reading the guest post
(http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2010/06/integrating-hive-and-hbase/) on
the Cloudera Blog from John Sichi (http://people.apache.org/~jvs/) about
the integration efforts from many HBase hackers from Cloudera, Facebook,
StumbleUpon, Trend Micro and others.

Can you give more information about this work? I'm very interested to
work on it.
Thanks a lot for your time

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Apr 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm
    Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?

    I recently answered a more specific (but still general) question about
    Hive/HBase here: http://search-hadoop.com/m/YZe7h1zxxoc1

    I will also be giving a presentation at OSCON Data in July about our
    experience using both together.

    J-D
    Regards to all. I was reading the guest post
    (http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2010/06/integrating-hive-and-hbase/) on the
    Cloudera Blog from John Sichi (http://people.apache.org/~jvs/) about the
    integration efforts from many HBase hackers from Cloudera, Facebook,
    StumbleUpon, Trend Micro and others.

    Can you give more information about this work? I'm very interested to work
    on it.
    Thanks a lot for your time

    --
    Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
    Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)
    University of Information Sciences,
    La Habana, Cuba
    Linux User # 418229
  • Marcos Ortiz at Apr 13, 2011 at 3:34 am

[...]

    Good news, I´m very interested on this, where I can find the issues
    related with this integration?
    Regards

    --
    Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
    Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)
    University of Information Sciences,
    La Habana, Cuba
    Linux User # 418229
  • Carl Steinbach at Apr 13, 2011 at 4:23 am
    Hi Marcos,

    Here's a JIRA query that will show you the list of unresolved Hive issues
    related to the HBase storage handler:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jqlQuery=component+%3D+%22HBase+Handler%22+AND+project+%3D+HIVE+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC

    Here are some relevant design documents:
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/StorageHandlers
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HBaseIntegration
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/FilterPushdownDev

    Hope this helps.

    Carl
[...]

  • Rosanna Man at Apr 13, 2011 at 6:50 am
    Hi all,

    I have a large table partitioned by date in S3 and I would like to copy it
    to a local partitioned table stored in HDSF. Any hints how to do it
    efficiently?

    Thanks,
    Rosanna

groupuser @