Grokbase Groups Hive user March 2011
my eng is very poor.
i set up hive env use
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/GettingStarted#Apache_Weblog_Data

but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

hive> SHOW TABLES;
org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)
at
at

  • Chinna at Mar 7, 2011 at 9:20 am
    Check the lib path,

    commons-lang-2.4.jar is in the lib or not.

    _____

    but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

    somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

    hive> SHOW TABLES;

    org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/St
    ring;)Z

    at
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)

    at
    )

    at
    .java:25)

  • 徐厚道 at Mar 7, 2011 at 9:36 am
    thank you reply!
    yes,it is. and hadoop lib dir has commons-lang-2.1.jar, is they Conflict

    commons-lang-2.4.jar is in the lib or not.

    ------------------------------

    but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

    somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

    hive> SHOW TABLES;

    org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z

    at
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)

    at

    at

  • Chinna at Mar 7, 2011 at 9:57 am
    No, It won't be a conflict.

    In u r hive installation/lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar if this jar is there .
    It will come to class path while starting the hive.

    I think u r using hive version 0.5.0 or above.

    if still this problem is there send the details like how u r starting and
    which versions u r using

    _____

    yes,it is. and hadoop lib dir has commons-lang-2.1.jar, is they Conflict

    commons-lang-2.4.jar is in the lib or not.

    _____

    but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

    somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

    hive> SHOW TABLES;

    org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/St
    ring;)Z

    at
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)

    at
    )

    at
    .java:25)

  • 徐厚道 at Mar 8, 2011 at 1:15 am
    sorry,i have not reply Immediately,i have confirmed the commons-lang-2.4.jar
    is in the installation/lib.
    my installation info is
    hive 0.6.0
    hadoop 0.20.2 with nutch 1.1
    i have view the bin/hive script ,and echo the CLASSPTH,HADOOP_CLASSPATH,they
    all contains the commons-lang-2.4.jar. but throw the exception ! [?]
    thanks again!

[...]

  • Chinna at Mar 7, 2011 at 9:30 am
    ***********

    This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information
    from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address
    is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
    (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
    or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

    _____

    but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

    somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

    hive> SHOW TABLES;

    org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/St
    ring;)Z

    at
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)

    at
    )

    at
    .java:25)

  • Chinna at Mar 7, 2011 at 9:32 am
    Check the lib path,

    commons-lang-2.4.jar is in the lib or not.

    _____

    but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

    somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

    hive> SHOW TABLES;

    org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/St
    ring;)Z

    at
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)

    at
    )

    at
    .java:25)

  • 徐厚道 at Mar 16, 2011 at 6:36 am
    i have dealed with problem ,indeed ,is commons-lang-2.4.jar confict with
    commons-lang-2.1.jar.
    my hive run with the nutch's(v1.0) hadoop enviroment.

    thanks everybody

    but i catch a exception when i run "SHOW TABLES;" script

    somebody can help me ? thanks a lot!

    hive> SHOW TABLES;
    org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.endsWith(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:187)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:302)
    at
    at

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop