Hello,

I understand there is no way to delete data stored in a table. like a
`delete from table_name` in the hive language.
All this is fine, because all the query results are inserted into
another table, and the previous data in it is overwritten.

When we need to store data collectively in to a table, like add more
rows to it with each run, how do we do it?

Best Regards,
-C.B.

Search Discussions

  • Adam O'Donnell at Jan 31, 2011 at 7:58 pm
    I would create separate partitions, one for each day worth of data,
    and then drop the partitions that are no longer needed.

    --
    Adam J. O'Donnell, Ph.D.
    Immunet Corporation
    I would create separate partitions, one for each day worth of data,
    and then drop the partitions that are no longer needed.
    I understand there is no way to delete data stored in a table. like a
    `delete from table_name` in the hive language.
    All this is fine, because all the query results are inserted into
    another table, and the previous data in it is overwritten.

    When we need to store data collectively in to a table, like add more
    rows to it with each run, how do we do it?

    Best Regards,
    -C.B.

    --
    Adam J. O'Donnell, Ph.D.
    Immunet Corporation
    Cell: +1 (267) 251-0070

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJan 31, '11 at 7:57p
activeJan 31, '11 at 9:02p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Cam Bazz: 2 posts Adam O'Donnell: 1 post