When I use load data into table like this ,
LOAD DATA INPATH '/user/myname/kv2.txt' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE invites PARTITION (ds='2008-08-15');
The raw data /user/myname/kv2.txt was rename into hive`s store direcrory

Is there any method can not move array the raw data.

Why not make a soft link? So that I can use both of the hive and hadoop-mapreduce.

Search Discussions

  • Ajo Fod at Jan 26, 2011 at 1:08 pm
    Have you tried using external tables?

    BTW, hive tables can be defined as text tables, so you can run mapreduce on
    them too. Just locate the tables under directory:
    /user/hive/warehouse/<tablename>

    Cheers,
    -Ajo.

    When I use load data into table like this ,

    LOAD DATA INPATH '/user/myname/kv2.txt' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE invites
    PARTITION (ds='2008-08-15');

    The raw data /user/myname/kv2.txt was rename into hive`s store direcrory

    Is there any method can not *move array the raw data*.

    Why not make a soft link? So that I can use both of the hive and
    hadoop-mapreduce.

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJan 26, '11 at 8:14a