hi,

I've setup a single node hadoop and hive. And can create table in hive, but
can't drop table, hive cli will hang there, nothing more infos.

hive-0.6.0-bin
hadoop-0.20.2
jre1.6.0_23
postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar (have tried postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar)
pgsql 9.0.2

How to find what's wrong happed? thx.

Search Discussions

  • Carl Steinbach at Jan 6, 2011 at 9:54 am
    The best first step is enable logging to the console and then
    try the operation again through the CLI:

    hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=INFO,console

    or if you want even more logging info try

    hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=DEBUG,console

    Thanks.

    Carl
    I've setup a single node hadoop and hive. And can create table in hive, but
    can't drop table, hive cli will hang there, nothing more infos.

    hive-0.6.0-bin
    hadoop-0.20.2
    jre1.6.0_23
    postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar (have tried postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar)
    pgsql 9.0.2

    How to find what's wrong happed? thx.
  • Wd at Jan 6, 2011 at 10:25 am
    11/01/06 18:20:14 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: get_table : db=default
    tbl=t1
    11/01/06 18:20:14 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: drop_table : db=default
    tbl=t1
    11/01/06 18:20:14 INFO metastore.HiveMetaStore: 0: get_table : db=default
    tbl=t1
    11/01/06 18:20:14 DEBUG metastore.ObjectStore: Executing listMPartitions

    Will hung at here.

    I've tried derby metadata, it worked.

    The best first step is enable logging to the console and then
    try the operation again through the CLI:

    hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=INFO,console

    or if you want even more logging info try

    hive -hiveconf hive.root.logger=DEBUG,console

    Thanks.

    Carl
    I've setup a single node hadoop and hive. And can create table in hive,
    but can't drop table, hive cli will hang there, nothing more infos.

    hive-0.6.0-bin
    hadoop-0.20.2
    jre1.6.0_23
    postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar (have tried postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar)
    pgsql 9.0.2

    How to find what's wrong happed? thx.
  • Wd at Jan 17, 2011 at 7:14 am
    I've tried in postgresql-8.1.22-1.el5_5.1, and tried hive-0.5-bin,the
    problem still there...
    Also tried postgresql-8.4-702.jdbc4.jar, anyone else have this problem ?

[...]

  • Wd at Jan 17, 2011 at 7:31 am
    Oh, WTF
    It worked now, But I've done nothing!

    在 2011年1月17日 下午3:14,wd <wd@wdicc.com>写道:
[...]

  • Wd at Jan 17, 2011 at 7:53 am
    Finally I found, when use hive-0.5.0-bin, 'drop table' will hung at first
    time, after Ctrl-c kill the client, and run hive again, it can successfully
    drop the table. When use hive-0.6.0-bin, it will always hung there.