I use hive client through php, it always works quite well, but recently it sometimes throw a weird exception :

[28-Nov-2010 05:01:04] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'HiveServerException' with message 'Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver'
in /data0/phphiveapi/packages/hive_service/ThriftHive.php:570

I go through the codes of ThriftHive.php, but I don't know why it throws HiveServerException ?

hadoop seems to work well, as it didn't deal with it as a failed job, but hive can't return the correct result.

2010-11-29

shangan

Search Discussions

  • Dave Brondsema at Nov 29, 2010 at 2:54 pm
    Have you looked in the hiveserver logs? I've found that Hive doesn't return
    very meaningful error messages to the client, and I have to look in hive's
    logs to find out what happened.
    I use hive client through php, it always works quite well, but recently
    it sometimes throw a weird exception :

    [28-Nov-2010 05:01:04] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'HiveServerException' with message 'Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver'
    in /data0/phphiveapi/packages/hive_service/ThriftHive.php:570

    I go through the codes of ThriftHive.php, but I don't know why it throws
    HiveServerException ?

    hadoop seems to work well, as it didn't deal with it as a failed job, but
    hive can't return the correct result.

    2010-11-29
    ------------------------------
    shangan

    --
    Dave Brondsema
    Software Engineer

    www.geek.net
  • Shangan at Dec 1, 2010 at 1:55 am
    I've checked the hiveserver log but there's no error record about it. Thank you all the same.

    2010-12-01

    shangan

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop