Hi Folks,

I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive Project

https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws that were recently proposed by Alan Gates.

We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these bylaws to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though only PMC votes will be binding.

+1 from me..

Ashish

Search Discussions

  • John Sichi at Oct 22, 2010 at 9:55 pm
    Hive users etc are encouraged to vote too :)

    JVS (gotta love cut-and-paste)
    I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive Project

    https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

    These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws that were recently proposed by Alan Gates.

    We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these bylaws to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though only PMC votes will be binding.

    +1 from me..

    Ashish
  • Alex Boisvert at Oct 22, 2010 at 10:03 pm
    +1 (non-binding, as Hive user).

    alex

    Hive users etc are encouraged to vote too :)

    JVS (gotta love cut-and-paste)
    I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive Project

    https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

    These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws that
    were recently proposed by Alan Gates.
    We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these bylaws
    to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig users,
    contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though only PMC votes will
    be binding.
    +1 from me..

    Ashish
  • Ashish Thusoo at Oct 22, 2010 at 10:34 pm
    I knew I was going to miss a pig somewhere... :)

    Ashish

    Sent from my iPhone
    Hive users etc are encouraged to vote too :)

    JVS (gotta love cut-and-paste)
    I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive
    Project

    https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

    These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws
    that were recently proposed by Alan Gates.

    We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these
    bylaws to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig
    users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though
    only PMC votes will be binding.

    +1 from me..

    Ashish
  • Zheng Shao at Oct 24, 2010 at 6:23 pm
    +1

    I knew I was going to miss a pig somewhere... :)

    Ashish

    Sent from my iPhone
    Hive users etc are encouraged to vote too :)

    JVS (gotta love cut-and-paste)
    I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive
    Project

    https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

    These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws
    that were recently proposed by Alan Gates.

    We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these
    bylaws to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig
    users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though
    only PMC votes will be binding.

    +1 from me..

    Ashish
  • Edward Capriolo at Oct 24, 2010 at 9:17 pm
    +1
    I knew I was going to miss a pig somewhere... :)

    Ashish

    Sent from my iPhone
    Hive users etc are encouraged to vote too :)

    JVS (gotta love cut-and-paste)
    I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive
    Project

    https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

    These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws
    that were recently proposed by Alan Gates.

    We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these
    bylaws to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig
    users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though
    only PMC votes will be binding.

    +1 from me..

    Ashish
  • Ashish Thusoo at Oct 25, 2010 at 9:18 pm
    I have added the mailing lists to the document on Carl and Ed's suggestion. I am not sure if we should make public on who is in the committer pipeline.

    Joy's point is valid - should we explicitly call out lazy approval as one +1. It is expected that nothing would get committed unless a committer +1s a change and commits it.

    Alan, how is pig addressing this?

    Ashish
    I knew I was going to miss a pig somewhere... :)

    Ashish

    Sent from my iPhone
    Hive users etc are encouraged to vote too :)

    JVS (gotta love cut-and-paste)
    I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive
    Project

    https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

    These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws
    that were recently proposed by Alan Gates.

    We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these
    bylaws to pass we require +1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig
    users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though
    only PMC votes will be binding.

    +1 from me..

    Ashish
  • Alan Gates at Oct 25, 2010 at 9:56 pm