Thanks,

LiuLei

Search Discussions

  • Paul Yang at Oct 21, 2010 at 3:18 am
    I don't think it is possible to use just a view to get that effect. If you're generating the query programmatically, it'd be possible to either use the Thrift service or process the output of 'show partitions' to get the latest partition date.

    From: lei liu
    Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:30 PM
    To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: Search the newest partition of one table in view

    There is one table, I use one timer to create one new partition for the table every day, now I want to create one view, use the view to search the newest partition of the table,how can I receive the newest partition of the table in view?

    Thanks,

    LiuLei
  • Manhee Jo at Oct 21, 2010 at 9:14 am
    Hi all,
    I cannot access http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.5.0/ due to 404 Not Found
    error.
    Can anyone tell me what's happening about it?
    Thanks,
    Manhee
  • Rekha Joshi at Oct 21, 2010 at 11:55 am
    Hi Manhee,

    Hive javadoc has been broken for past few releases. It has been fixed now. HIVE-811. You can checkout the code and do ant javadoc.
    OR
    For quick reference there is one available @
    http://search-hadoop.com/jd/hive/index.html?org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveMetaStoreClient
    You can cross-check this new javadoc v/s old http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.3.0/api/.
    Do a simple check - the HiveMetaStoreClient in new javadoc has a added backward compatible constructor HIVE-1244

    HTH!
    Thanks & Regards,
    /Rekha.

    Can anyone tell me what's happening about it?
    Thanks,
    Manhee

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop