I want to use hive for real time query.
Please anyone explain me how feasible it is?

Also how many simultaneous queries can hive handle?

Thanks & Regards
Guru Prasad
~guru

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments from your system.

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Zhang at Oct 11, 2010 at 8:30 am
    I don't think hive is suitable for real time search, it is suitable
    for batch-processing with high through-put but high-latency.
    HBase may be what you need.

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang
  • Guru Prasad at Oct 11, 2010 at 8:38 am
    Thanks a lot !

    ~guru
[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop